MetaVR Return Policy and Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Procedures
MetaVR return policy and RMA procedure for damaged dongles
MetaVR will replace a damaged dongle if you return, at a minimum, the metallic unit (which houses the encryption mechanism) to MetaVR along with a MetaVR-allocated Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. MetaVR will not replace a dongle for which you only return the purple plastic housing without the corresponding metallic unit.
Damaged dongles must be photographed or scanned and the images must be forwarded to MetaVR before an RMA will be issued. Include in the photo or scan the white lot sticker located on the outside of the dongle.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an RMA number.
Return a damaged dongle shipped via a return receipt mechanism such as the US Postal Service delivery confirmation with signature or certified mail return receipt.
MetaVR charges a nominal shipping/handling fee for replacing a damaged
MetaVR return policy and RMA procedure for hardware systems
If you have a hardware problem and cannot diagnose it, please call hardware technical support at BostonTech Partners, the production facility where our hardware systems are built to order. You must call BostonTech Partners so that they can verify the issue and potentially resolve the issue remotely.
All technical support issues should be directed to BostonTech Partners at email@example.com or 781-899-7808. Please describe the problem in detail in email so a member of the technical support group can determine the best course of action.
If your system cannot be made functional after you have sought telephone or email technical support, please contact BostonTech Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-899-7808.
If you are obtaining a system upgrade, please contact BostonTech Partners at email@example.com or 781-899-7808.
To return hardware for repair:
1) You must first obtain an RMA number by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem description.
2) Once you have obtained an RMA number, you must email the FedEx shipping number to both BostonTech Partners, (email@example.com), and MetaVR (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please place the RMA number in the subject line. If the tracking information is not sent, this will significantly delay when the units are received and available for repair or upgrade. Your RMA e-mail must contain the following information:
3) Your system should be shipped to the following address:
We only accept Federal Express shipments insured for full value. The Buyer ships the system to our production facility at his/her own cost. The Seller pays for return shipments via UPS Ground Service or FedEx Express Saver.
4) Place the RMA number on the outside of the box and include the full description of step 2) listed above as a printout on the inside of the box.
5) If possible, use the FedEx Web site service or option that enables you to specify that the recipient should receive email when the system is shipped and when the system arrives and is signed for at the destination.
6) All CDs and manuals for all hardware drivers and software applications are required to be with the returned system. Please describe the final configuration of the system, as it should appear. Note, without the return of Microsoft Operating System CDs no replacement of the Windows software can be made.
7) All systems must be sent double-boxed with at least 10 inches of padding separating the inner and outer boxes. A plastic ruggedized shipping container is recommended. We are not responsible for physical damage that may result from The Buyer not taking proper precautions in packaging the return unit. All shipments must be double boxed or in a ruggedized shipping container. A packing slip must be provided with the shipment.
8) If you are returning a system for a system upgrade, you must complete the Quote Response form.
To be eligible for return, hardware items must not exhibit physical
damage. For example, if you attempt to take a SpaceExplorer apart to repair
it, your action voids the warranty on the device.