technology supports a wide range of 3D graphics accelerators that can
be upgraded as technology evolves. VRSG
uses the Microsoft DirectX Application Programmers Interface (API), which is a very thin and efficient layer above the rendering hardware.
The graphics API of choice in the game community is Microsoft
DirectX, which in turn receives the largest support by hardware
vendors of any competing graphics standards. The VRSG application is
written with the DirectX API to take advantage of the largest possible
base of potential 3D graphics accelerators. The DirectX API issues a
major release each year with some vendors providing direct hardware
support for some of the DirectX components (such as DirectSound and
DirectSound3D). MetaVR uses only non-proprietary 3D graphics accelerators
that are commercially available from your local computer retailer. MetaVR
constantly evaluates the latest hardware to determine the best possible
graphics accelerators for personal computers. The newest generation
graphics cards have integrated 2D and 3D capability and support visual
simulation as well as desktop business graphics.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780-based video card is most advanced gaming technologies with GeForce Experience™ for one-click driver and setting optimization, plus NVIDIA PhysX® and TXAA™ for smooth, sharp graphics. The GK110-powered GeForce GTX 780 features the same styling as the GeForce GTX TITAN, has 50% more memory and 50% more CUDA cores than the GeForce GTX 680, and is on average 35% faster than its predecessor. NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology allows users to push PC performance to the maximum with precise controls. GPU Boost 2.0 intelligently monitors work with even more advanced controls like GPU temperature target, overclocking, and overvoltage to ensure the GPU works at the ultimate performance. Temporal anti-aliasing (TXAA) creates a smoother, clearer image than any other anti-aliasing solution by combining high-quality MSAA multisample anti-aliasing, post processes, and NVIDIA-designed temporal filters. The GeForce Experience application automatically notifies you of new driver releases from NVIDIA.
The key features of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 card include:
- 863 MHz base graphics clock rate (900 MHz boost clock rate).
- 1,502 MHz memory clock.
- 384-bit 3 GB GDDR5 memory; 6.0 GBPS memory speed, 288.4 GB/sec maximum memory bandwidth.
- Texture fill rate 160.5 billion/sec.
- 2,304 CUDA cores.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 11 including
Shader Model 5.0.
- GPU Boost 2.0.
- Adaptive Vertical Sync.
- Two new anti-aliasing modes: FXAA and TXAA.
- PCI Express 3.0 support.
- NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor support; 3 monitors for simulation, plus a 4th monitor.
- Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision, PhysX, and SLI.
- 3.54 billion transistors.
- Power connectors: 2 x 6-pin.
- HDMI 1.4a technology for combined video and audio output.
- Four display outputs: one dual link DVI-I, one dual link DVI-D, one HDMI, one DisplayPort.
- Maximum digital resolution 2560 x 1600; maximum VGA resolution 2048 x 1536.
- Supports Windows 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP SP3.
The NVIDIA GeForce
9600 GT OC offers a powerfully immersive experience designed
for high-definition gaming and video playback, with resolutions
up to 2560 x 1600, at a lower cost.
With up to a 90% performance increase over the GeForce 8600 GTS
and same size footprint as the GeForce 8800 GT, the GeForce 9600
GT OC supports DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0, and Vista to deliver
unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
The key features of the NVIDIA GeForce
9600 GT OC include:
- 675 MHz core clock rate.
- 512 MB GDDR3 memory; memory clock rate 1.8GHz
on a 256-bit bus.
- Memory data rate: 1800 MHz; memory bandwidth:
- 1700MHz shader clock.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 10 including Shader Model 4.0.
- PCI Express 2.0 bus interface.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology, which provides
the combination of high-definition video decode acceleration
and post-processing to deliver unprecedented picture clarity,
smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling.
- 64 stream processors.
- 21.6 billion/sec. texture fill rate.
- NVIDIA SLI technology, which delivers up to
2 times the performance of a single graphics card configuration
for unequaled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards
to run in parallel.
- Maximum digital resolution 2560 x 1600.
- Display outputs: 2 dual-link DVI-I, HDTV +
Quadro 6000 features frame lock
and genlock support (via
Based on NVIDIA's new Fermi architecture and featuring new Scalable Geometry Engine technology, the Quadro 6000 can deliver 1.3 billion triangles per second. For high-precision, data-sensitive applications, it is the only professional graphics solution with ECC memory and fast double precision capabilities to ensure the accuracy and fidelity of your results.
The key features of the NVIDIA Quadro 6000 include:
- 574 MHz GPU core clock rate.
- 750 MHz memory clock rate.
- 144 GB per second memory bandwidth.
- 6 GB GDDR5 total
- 384-bit memory interface.
- 2560 x 1600 maximum display resolution at 60 Hz.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0.
- Genlock and framelock support via add-on NVIDIA
Quadro G-Sync card which enables multiple systems to synchronize
frame rendering across multiple displays, plus synchronize one
or many systems to a common sync source.
- NVIDIA SLI Mosaic Technology, which enables
dynamically scalable graphics performance, enhanced image quality,
and expanded display real-estate.
- Dual dual-link DVI-I outputs drive two digital displays at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz.
- 64 X FSAA (maximum) (128 X with SLI).
- The CUDA GPU computing software provides a C language environment
and tool suite that unleashes new capabilities to solve complex,
visualization challenges such as real-time ray tracing and interactive
- Fast 3D textures, jumbo xxx textures processing;
Fast transfer and manipulation of 3D textures resulting in more
interactive visualization of large volumetric dataset. Faster
processing of very large textures resulting in higher performances
when zooming and panning through high resolution images.
PNY is our exclusive partner for genlock video capabilities.
|All video cards listed here provide significant capabilities; each
has different performance and feature advantages to consider with
respect to your application. NVIDIA GeForce
cards support hardware-accelerated DXTC texture
compression and FSAA. We offer a number of different types of
3D graphics accelerators for all MetaVR complete
systems based on your specific visualization needs.
You can order
any of these products directly from MetaVR. Hardware components are sold only in conjunction with a software purchase.