technology supports a wide range of 3D graphics accelerators that can
be upgraded as technology evolves. VRSG
uses the Microsoft DirectX Application Programmers Interface (API), which is a very thin and efficient layer above the rendering hardware.
The graphics API of choice in the game community is Microsoft
DirectX, which in turn receives the largest support by hardware
vendors of any competing graphics standards. The VRSG application is
written with the DirectX API to take advantage of the largest possible
base of potential 3D graphics accelerators. The DirectX API issues a
major release each year with some vendors providing direct hardware
support for some of the DirectX components (such as DirectSound and
DirectSound3D). MetaVR uses only non-proprietary 3D graphics accelerators
that are commercially available from your local computer retailer. MetaVR
constantly evaluates the latest hardware to determine the best possible
graphics accelerators for personal computers. The newest generation
graphics cards have integrated 2D and 3D capability and support visual
simulation as well as desktop business graphics.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980-based video card is most advanced GPU for experiencing fluid virtual worlds. Powered by next-generation NVIDIA® Maxwell™ architecture, this graphics card delivers unmatched power efficiency, faster framerates, new rendering techniques and superior image quality. For the last two years, NVIDIA has worked closely with companies such as Oculus to improve the virtual reality experience. Minimizing latency between an action occurring and the result being displayed was crucial. NVIDIA developed several new technologies to improve the immersive experience, such as reducing the number of frames rendered in advance from four to one, removing up to 33ms of latency. NVIDIA Maxwell offers cutting-edge features like Multi-Frame Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) and Dynamic Super Resolution technology that delivers 4K-quality gamingon a 1080p or higher monitor.
The key features of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 card include:
- 1,126 MHz base graphics clock rate (1,226 MHz boost clock rate).
- 256-bit 4 GB GDDR5 memory; 7.0 GBPS memory clock, 224 GB/sec maximum memory bandwidth.
- Texture fill rate 144 GigaTexels/sec.
- 2,048 CUDA cores.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 12.
- Dynamic Super Resolution.
- Adaptive Vertical Sync.
- New anti-aliasing mode: MFAA.
- PCI Express 3.0 support.
- NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor support; 3 monitors for simulation, plus a 4th monitor.
- Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision, GPU Boost 2.0, PhysX, SLI, GameStream, ShadowPlay.
- Power connectors: 2 x 6-pin.
- HDMI 1.4a technology for combined video and audio output.
- Display outputs: Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3x DisplayPort 1.2.
- Maximum digital resolution 4096 x 2160; maximum VGA resolution 2048 x 1536.
- Supports Windows 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista.
The NVIDIA GeForce
9800 GT offers features such as NVIDIA PhysX™ technology, HybridPower™ for optimal power management, with 112 processor cores and a 256-bit frame buffer.
HybridPower™lets you switch from the GeForce 9800 GT graphics card to the motherboard GeForce GPU when running non-graphically-intensive applications for a quiet, low power PC experience. CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU’s processor cores to accelerate the most demanding system tasks - such as video transcoding - delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs. PureVideo® HD
enables the combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing to deliver unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling.
The key features of the NVIDIA GeForce
9800 GT include:
- 112 CUDA cores.
- 600 MHz graphics clock rate.
- 1500 MHz processor clock rate
- 33.6 billion/sec texture fill rate.
- 900 MHz memory clock.
- 256-bit memory bus and DRR3 memory.
- 57.6 memory bandwidth (GB/sec).
- DX10 support.
- SLI, CUDA, 3D Vision, PhysX technologies.
- Multi-monitor support.
- 2560x1600 maximum digital resolution.
- 2048x1536 maximum VGA resolution.
- HDTV, Dual-Link DVI standard display connectors.
- Single slot, 9-inch length.
- 400 W minimum system power requirement.
- 6-pin x2 supplementary power connectors.
Quadro K6000 features frame lock
and genlock support (via
Based on NVIDIA's Kepler architecture, the Quadro K6000 tackles the largest visualization task with 12 GB of on-board memory, advanced display capabilities for large-scale visualization, and support for high-performance video I/O.
The 2880 CUDA
parallel processing cores, accelerated doubleprecision computation, and the ability to drive up to
4 ultra-high-resolution displays or projectors
at once make the Quadro K6000 the superior choice to bring
your largest and most complex 3D terrain rendering to life.
The key features of the NVIDIA Quadro K6000 include:
- 288 GB per second memory bandwidth.
- 12 GB GDDR5 total
- 2880 CUDA parallel-processing cores.
- PCI Express 3.0 x16.
- 384-bit memory interface.
- Maximum VGA resolution 2048 × 1536 at 85 Hz; maximum DP 1.2 resolution 4096 x 2160 at 60 Hz.
- Full support for Microsoft DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0.
- Genlock and framelock support via add-on NVIDIA
Quadro G-Sync card which enables multiple systems to synchronize
frame rendering across multiple displays, plus synchronize one
or many systems to a common sync source.
- NVIDIA SLI Mosaic Technology, which enables
dynamically scalable graphics performance, enhanced image quality,
and expanded display real-estate.
- 225 W maximum power consumption.
- 2x6 pin power connector.
- Supports 4 simultaeanous displays (directly attached displays and displays connected through DisplayPort 1.2 hubs).
- DVI-I DL + DVI-D DL + 2x DP1.2 + stereo display connectors.
- 4.4"H × 10.5"L, dual slot, full height form factor.
PNY is our exclusive partner for genlock video capabilities.
|All video cards listed here provide significant capabilities; each
has different performance and feature advantages to consider with
respect to your application. NVIDIA GeForce
cards support hardware-accelerated DXTC texture
compression and FSAA. We offer a number of different types of
3D graphics accelerators for all MetaVR complete
systems based on your specific visualization needs.
You can order
any of these products directly from MetaVR. Hardware components are sold only in conjunction with a software purchase.