If your site is interested in having MetaVR build 3D terrain of an area of interest (AOI) in our round-earth Metadesic™ terrain tile format, such as an airfield or training range, provide us with a specification. You can supply your own AOI source data for a custom terrain build. Using this data, we can provide a quote for your terrain product.
Pricing considerations include:
- Overall size of the AOI (region, airfield, MOUT site, and so on).
- Whether you are supplying source imagery. If you do not have source imagery data for the AOI, we can obtain it, and will factor the resolution of the required imagery into the quote. For ultra-high resolution imagery, our SUAS can capture sub-inch imagery.
- Whether placement of culture on the terrain is required, and whether the culture would be from our 3D model libraries or from a set of your own models in FBX or FLT format. (We can convert FBX and FLT models to our model format.)
- Whether the creation of custom models is required for your AOI terrain project.
Requirements for customer-supplied source imagery
If your site already has source imagery data you want us to use for 3D terrain construction, the data must be color balanced, orthorectified, and form a mosaic that covers the AOI(s). the data must be provided as follows:
- In GeoTIFF format, with individual GeoTIFF images forming a mosaic that covers the AOI. GEOTIFFs are comprised of three visible R, G, B bands.
- Orthorectified to the WGS1984 geographic coordinate system, with WGS1984 datum.
- Color balanced with natural (RGB) color, maintaining color consistency across the entire AOI as a visually seamless mosaic. The mosaic should have less than 2% cloud cover and be free of prominent seams and haze.
Aerial imagery collected by MetaVR’s remotely piloted portable aircraft
Aerial imagery collected by the MetaVRC can also be ordered from MetaVR by specifying the area of interest, such as an airfield. You can order raw collected data, orthorectified imagery, or a dataset of terrain tiles built with the imagery in MetaVR’s round-earth terrain format, delivered with a VRSG or MetaVR Terrain Tools software license. Access to the area of interest for aerial photography must be in accordance with FAA regulations. Customers will be responsible for obtaining the necessary authorization and certified access to operate within the particular area of interest for aerial photography. For commercial purposes, a remote controlled aircraft in the national airspace is permitted to fly only in Restricted Airspace, or in airspace that has a certified Certificate of Authorization. Flying an aircraft in either types of airspace requires the prior authorization of the airspace owner(s).
The quote for the AOI terrain project contains no labor-based costs. Upon your acceptance of the quote, we will proceed to build the AOI 3D terrain. Payment is required upon acceptance of the terrain product.
Upon a customer's acceptance of the AOI 3D terrain product, MetaVR retains right to redistribute the terrain it has built, free of charge to all US Government agencies and contractors (for official use only). The compiled Metadesic terrain tiles will be distributed with MetaVR VRSG software, as agreed by both parties and provided by the quotation terms and conditions.
To request a quote for a new 3D terrain product, fill out the quote request form.