MetaVR recommends that you use the most current hardware to get the best results from our products. Currently, the fastest and most capable commercial graphics cards are those built with the nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti series. Review our complete solutions specifications for examples of hardware configurations we offer, including our Terrain Generation System.
MetaVR Terrain Tools for Esri ArcGIS requires:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 on a 64-bit system.
- CPU: Intel Core I7 processor.
- Memory: minimum required RAM is 8 GB; recommended RAM is 16 GB.
- Graphics hardware: nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti PCI-Express 3.0 or better with 11 GB memory.
- Network card: 10 Gigabit FastEthernet (Cat6A) and 1 Gigabit FastEthernet (Cat5e).
- Graphics software: Microsoft DirectX 11.
- Blu-ray reader: MetaVR products are delivered on Blu-ray media.
- Storage: Ample storage for compiling and storing Metadesic terrain tiles. When considering storage requirements, bear in mind the space needed to store imagery and elevation source data. Terrain tiles do not need to reside on one machine. During terrain tile compilation, you can have newly built tiles output to multiple machines, each with a modest amount of storage.
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop: Version 10.4 and above: Any license level (Basic, Standard, or Advanced). Additional terrain build machines can use either ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Engine version 10.4 and above.
- Esri 3D Analyst Extension to ArcGIS.
- Optional but strongly recommended: ArcGIS for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) add-on software. ArcMap and ArcCatalog are 32-bit applications. The 64-bit version of ArcGIS background processing, which is delivered with ArcGIS as an optional installation, enables geoprocessing tools including Terrain Tools to execute in an external 64-bit process, thus more system resources can be used for compiling 3D terrain. This add-on software must be installed prior to installing Terrain Tools.
Note: There is currently no roadmap for Terrain Tools to support ArcGIS Pro, as ArcGIS Pro uses a completely new developer SDK and does not contain the 3D APIs required for Terrain Tools.
All specifications on this page are subject to change without notice.